I got my Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor by mail yesterday! I am very excited to start using it next cycle. I have been trying to find a deal on sticks on ebay, but with shipping it usually works out to just as much as running to Walgreens! (~$45) So unless something spectacular happens over the next week, I'm pretty sure I'll just go buy them directly from the store. However, I did find a medical supply place that sells metal speculums for less than NWAC sells plastic ones. Shipping was even less than NWAC! So that is a purchase I'm looking forward to making within the next week. I want to get practice in along with being able to visualize the position of my cervix/os. I also want to buy some cheap OPKs offline to back up the CBEFM.
DP had to work today for the first time since graduation. She's a little bummed because she hates her old college job and is ready to move on to a career. Shes really set on working for social services, even though that's not where the $ is. I'm proud of her choice, and I hope she gets a new job soon. She applied to 3 more open positions today around the Houston area, which is probably more of a commute than she really wants at this time, but we both think its better for her to get her foot in the door and possibly transfer positions (with experience under her belt) as more desirable ones become available. I am really excited for her individually, and for what this means for us. I hope she hears back soon.
I looked at some possible rental houses in our area that were within our proposed budget, and there are a few to select from. They aren't shiny and new, but I wasn't expecting that either. For our price range, I think they'll do just fine. They offer more space than an apartment, a backyard for our pets, and more privacy than an apartment could afford us. So, at this point, I'm pretty much sold on renting a house.
So I know we'll have to at least put down 1st months rent as a deposit; possibly 1st and last months rent. That may be as much as $2,500! So DP may have to work a couple of months before we'll be able to afford to move.
......................just got a call from DP @ work; apparently the discussion between herself and her manager about more hours didn't go so well. All she could say before she got off the phone was "I'm getting another job." That's not exactly what I was hoping for. *sighs* DP was hoping to increase her hours to help save up some extra $ since her usual schedule was weekends only during college. Oh boy, this sucks. What a damper on my entry and my evening!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
i know "dp" will find a job :)
worse comes to worse -- she should try the temp thing. gives you career type of work with experience and you can keep looking because its not permanent.
our rental house was the best thing ever. :) i strongly recommend it, just be careful of MOLD! i can't wait for you all to get your own place. yay!
Post a Comment