School has been rough, as evidence by my lack of writing. I'm still super nervous about it, but I'm trying really hard to be a better student. I'm TONS more organized than I have been in previous semesters, but unfortunately, I'm still neglecting my studying. This is partially due to me not getting my student loan check until the 16th, when I was supposed to get it on the 10th. Can't buy books w/out $. However, I have had my Pediatrics book since the begining, and I'm slacking for the test on Tuesday. I plan to start studying sometime tonight and all day tomorrow.
On a good note, I went on a shopping spree with an allowance that I gave myself. Some things are truly needed and others are the x-mas presents I wish I'd received. I got: jeans, plaid shorts, oil for my car, dinner and a movie for DP and I, fish supplies, car accessories for DP, gas, wonder hangers, DP's meds, CBEFM test sticks, 30 Internet OPKs, and a plastic speculum. Unfortunately, the allowance has been spent...so...no more shopping unless it is nursing school/gas related.
On a bad note, my mom hasn't been letting on about how tight money was getting and today at the grocery store her check was declined. So, I bought groceries for the family this week. It was an unexpected expense, but necessary none the less. I can't have my mom and little sister not eat! (I just wanted to mention how proud I am of my mother and how much I look up to her. She is a single mom, she raised me, and still has my sister at home. She manages to pay for a house, a car, insurance, cell phone, bills, and everything else a 17 year old might need/want on a TEACHER'S SALARY.) This isn't the first bill I've paid for my mom, but it is the first time I saw pain behind her eyes. Also, my fantail goldfish, Timmy, died last night. I have always gotten attached to my pets, regardless of their rank on the food chain, and I was hurt by his death. I have the bad luck of stumbling upon them during the process of dying, so I always try to do everything I can. I took him out of the big tank, and put him in a travel tank with a bubble stone. For a second I had hope because he was breathing better in the travel tank, and even took some food, but he died...pretty much in my hands. I know, I know...he's just a fish...but he was my fish. It sucked.
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So sorry about your goldfish. :(
I hope things get better. Your mom sounds amazing.
im sowwy hev
about your mommy and your fishy
we need to see you soon.
miss you.
Post a Comment