Just when I feel sick enough to break down and go to the doctor, a shred of hope appears on the horizon. I feel a little bit better today; my sinuses are more clear, my throat only hurts when I cough, and there have been moments that I could breathe out of BOTH nostrils! So...i didn't go to the doctor today. I hope that doesn't come back to bite me in the ass.
Today is my father's birthday. I texted him to wish him a happy birthday and promised to call later, but I haven't been able to bring myself to call him back yet. Our relationship, while it has improved, is still not a good one. We get a long, but only on a friendship level.
This has made me consider the role of a male figure in our future child's life. For once in my life, I wish I knew more men. Amz and I know a wonderful couple who would be great role models to anyone, not just children of their favorite lesbians. I am hoping that they'll be willing to be in our child's life, especially if we have a son. Lee is smart, loves all kinds of sports, video games, and tech stuff. Krystle is one of the nicest, most caring, and giving individuals I know, and she is a good influence on everyone she meets. I think they'd make great god-parents. I hope that's something they'll be interested in when the time comes...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ah Duh. We are so the God Parents. We got dibs!! :) LOL!
Seriously though, Lee and I are lucky enough to have great women in our lives and to be honest we would be there no matter what for the two of you and that includes anything that comes out of you or is a part of you. We love you and are here for you 24/7.
I'm sorry about your Dad, it is a tough situation, but at least you acknowledged his special day, right?
Post a Comment