Tuesday, May 4, 2010

News...

Good news: Doc confirmed pregnancy. She drew my hcg levels and progesterone and told me my "enodmeterial lining was beautiful." She also did a pap. I should have my results either tomorrow or thursday.

Not so good news: I have a large mass in my abdomen that the doc believes is a fibroid cyst. There will be more diagnostic tests once we find out about the other labs. The mass is about 18 cm wide and about 11 cm tall. She said that it "looks like and feels like a fibroid." I had no idea I had it! So if it is a fibroid and attached to the uterus, then we leave it be. If its coming from the ovary, then I will need surgery sometime in the 2nd trimester. If its not a fibroid...then we find out what it is and go from there. She said my uterus was already measuring 28 weeks because of the mass. She said that there is a risk of pre-term labor and that I'd most likely be having a c-section.

So keep you fingers crossed that its just a fibroid and that this pregnancy is able to go to term.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Prayers for you and the little one- It sure sounds like a fibroid- things will be fine. Don't stress. Hugs

LDT: Blog said...

I kept rechecking waiting on this update. Glad to hear all was confirmed and I will keep you in my thoughts. Take care!