Monday, May 17, 2010

Nervous...

Every time i have a doc visit I get really nervous the day before. So here I am, exactly 24 hours away from my doc visit...and i'm freaking out. We've already established that my hcg is doubling at an appropriate interval. My progesterone is doing ok with the supplements. Now there's that one last thing that I need to find out before I start to calm down...I need to see that our baby is growing in my uterus. About a week ago I, I started having some twinges on my left side. I also have gotten a few cramps sporadically in my lower abdomen. There is no bleeding. They don't really hurt. They don't seem to be associated with coughing, laughing, bowel movements, etc. I just get some twinges every once in a while. So...I googled it. BAD IDEA. Cramping in early pregnancy seems to be fairly common. However, its the twinges on the left side that worry me (since that is the side I ovulated from). So now I've got myself worked up that it could be ectopic. Is everyone this neurotic with their first pregnancy? I know the chances are small. I know I should just chill out and stop worrying. But its on my mind...

So wish me the best tomorrow. Hopefully we can see our little jellybean making a good home in my uterus on ultrasound tomorrow. I will be 6 weeks 3 days.

2 comments:

Kira said...

I wish you all the best tomorrow Amz!!!! I hope all of you and DP's wishes come true at the doctor visit!
Sending tons of love and healthy baby vibes

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I had cramping and twinges (left side also) for the first couple of weeks and everything was perfectly fine. I certainly understand being so nervous. You'll be amazed how much better you'll feel once you have that first ultrasound. :)
Good luck tomorrow!