Tuesday, March 10, 2009

82 days...

I really enjoyed doing this! Thanks Jen.

If you would like for me to interview you, just leave a comment and I will e-mail you the questions! Here are the directions (don't forget to leave your e-mail!!)

1) leave new a comment saying, "interview me."
2) I will respond by e-mailing you 5 questions (I get to pick the questions)
3) You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include the explanation , a link back to me, and offer to interview someone else in the post
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed you will ask 5 questions.

Ok, here are the questions Jen asked me:

1) What would be your dream vacation?
A month long (at least) trip to Europe. I want to go to all the little towns as well as the big tourist centers. I went to Germany and Switzerland a couple of years ago and it was very fun, but I felt rushed and my father was directing all of our activities. The next trip I want Amber to be able to go with me. I’d like to revisit Germany, and go to France, Italy, London, Ireland, and pretty much all the countries in between!

2) What would you say is your best accomplishment thus far?
Probably being 23 and having (or will have by May) 2 Bachelor’s degrees. I’ve worked my ass off for a loooooong time.

3) How many kids do you and your partner want to have? Will one or both of you carry?
We want to have 2 kids. We have our names picked out and everything. I’d be okay if we ended up with more, but we’re shooting for 2. I have always been the one that was going to carry, but here recently Amber has mentioned things that make me think that she’d like to carry one too. I’m very supportive of that idea! In a perfect world we’d choose a donor that has enough “stuff” for us to store for a second child, so that our children have a genetic link.

4) Have you ever experienced "gay hate"? If so, how did you deal with it?
Honestly, I haven’t really had to deal with any homophobia/gay hate. I’ve been lucky. I tend to gravitate towards people who I feel I can trust to be at least tolerant if not accepting. Unfortunately, the closest thing to gay hat I’ve experienced came from Amber’s family, her father in particular. For a long time, he blamed me for turning his daughter gay. However, tensions have eased up quite a bit on that front, and her family is pretty accepting of things now after almost 6 years.

5) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I don’t know. I know there are certain things I would like to have accomplished in 10 years, but I don’t know exactly all the details. Well I hope that I’m a mommy to 2 beautiful babies. I would like to be living in the Austin area. I’d like to own my own home. I’d like to keep all the little promises that I’ve made to Amber about our future together. Lastly, I hope that I’m successful in my career, whatever exactly that may be. Hopefully nursing, after all the work I just put in, but after going back to teaching (subbing) here lately, it’s reminded me how much I really love that too. Maybe I can combine the 2 in some way. Perhaps there’s a school out there that needs an English /Biology teacher and School nurse all rolled up into one! I wonder if that’s even legal…

1 comment:

twondra said...

Very interesting! I like it!

Interview me, pretty please! :)