Monday, March 30, 2009

62 days...

Well, as long as I pass all my classes (which I think I can do), I am officially cleared for graduation. I passed the HESI on the 1st try! That made me feel a lot better, but the day got worse as it progressed, and it's only 1:20.

I had gotten an email this morning about meeting with one of my profs. I already had been sick to my stomach this morning, and an email with a "see me" just made me feel worse! We discussed one of my clinical evaluations where my preceptor thought that I lacked initiative. I'm kind of shocked by it, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I think it hurt my feelings more than anything since I really thought that my preceptor and I had kind of a buddy relationship. We joke around, she swears like a sailor, and we laugh a lot. I thought I was getting better; she apparently thinks otherwise. *shrugs* Sooooo, now I get to have a meeting with her and my clinical faculty! Woohoo.

While I was in there talking to my prof, my stomach started hurting badly. I know it was brought on by stress and by already feeling bad this morning. The prof asked if I was feeling okay, and I told her about my stomach issues, and before I realize what she's doing...she's on the phone with a nurse practitioner at the campus health center basically setting me up an appointment. I told her that regardless of health right now, that I wouldn't be able to pay for an expensive visit...the bank account is pretty low now that its close to graduation and since I've been saving for Vegas. I also told her that it was a chronic issue that i've dealt with for a while, so i'd rather just go when I have the means to do so. Well, now she thinks that if I wait the chronic condition may become acute so she's freaking out. I know my body and altho I do agree that i should get checked out, I am fairly certain that waiting 2 months isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Ugh...she just called. I guess I'm going to try and come in tomorrow and deal with this. I know I'm studying to be a nurse, but I fucking hate doctors (especially when there are going to be doctors WITH medical students). Again...woohoo.

To top it all off, the girl I was sitting next to apparently thinks I type too loud or something, cuz she moved across the room to the other side of the computer lab.

Yay for today.

3 comments:

Crayonboxes said...

I am so sorry you are sick... *hugs*

twondra said...

Wow...what a day. :( Hope you figure out the stomach thing.

The Amily Diaries said...

awww...sorry about your stomach pains. Maybe there will be a simple answer to help ease it.