Amber and I went back to get a better look at that house. We definitely still want to rent it, because we love the location, but it has some negative qualities. Like, its fence was obviously damaged in Hurricane Ike last September. The owners haven't done much about that. I think Ike might be the cause of the crappy landscaping as well. It makes me think that no one has lived in the house since last September, and I don't know how I feel about that. I'm definitely going to have to have my father come with me to check out the house. The house, as a structure, looks fine and the roof looks in decent shape. We can't see the back yard from the road, and we didn't want to look weird by getting out of the car and scoping out the property. The driveway is really narrow, and I don't think we'd both be able to park in the garage. That's fine tho; Amz doesn't like parking in the garage as is. Now that I've talked about all the negatives, there are a lot of positives too. I like the color scheme of the house, and again...did I mention that the location is awesome!? The neighborhood that the house is in puts us close to my mom and offers free Internet to all its residents. It's close to the park, so if we stay in the area for a while (which I think we would for at least a few years), it'd be great for the future babies. Also, the park has a huge field and a track; great for keeping in shape and for walking future furkids. I'm gettin' a little bit excited and I hope it all works out.
I applied to another couple of hospitals today. Altogether, that makes 4 so far. All of which I'm willing to work at, one of which I really want to work at. I still have to apply to 2 more hospitals; one is my 2nd choice and the other is just another that i'd be willing to work for. My top choice right now is Con.roe Regional Medical Center because it has a partnership with Te.xas Women's Hospital in OB and NICU. It's one of the few community hospitals in my area that has a level 3 NICU. My 2nd choice is St. Luke's Wood.lands, but they don't have a graduate nurse internship there until next December. My 3rd choice is Herm.ann Memorial Wood.lands, which does have an internship that starts in May. The others are just local hospitals that I'd work at for a couple of years and then try to transfer to one of my top choices. I know that really doesn't interest any of y'all, but I like keeping track of stuff in some written form, and this is it for me.
I stopped tracking my cycles right now; I need to focus on school. I feel behind, and the fact that I haven't done any work over my spring break just makes me feel even more like a bad student. *big sigh* I have my exit exam in 2 weeks. Yikes! Good thing we have 3 chances to take it, because I do not feel ready for this test. I know I'd forget to temp and miss days on my monitor if I were still trying to chart/test while I'm focusing on school, so I'm just going to start up in May.
I wish everyone else luck out there in TTC-land!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That house sounds wonderful.
Hope you get into the hospital you want!!
Are you looking to work in the NICU or OB? My partner works in OB, which made my labor and birth process amazing. I work in peditrics, but I do home health, mostly terminally ill or disabled children not expected to live past their teens with vents, trachs, GT, JT, all those sorts of life sustaining things. I work per diem, so I've only done 2 shifts since Taelyn was born, I couldn't do more cause I just can't be away from her that much right now. Anyway, just curious what field your looking into
Post a Comment