Tuesday, February 24, 2009

96 days...

This past week has been super stressful. Nursing school has definitely picked up pace. I know there are a lot of health care professionals on the boards and blogger, so maybe y'all can appreciate where I'm coming from. Right now I work the hours of an actual RN and on top of that, I have to study for exams and (recent development) work as a substitute teacher.

Tuesday (2/17): Pediatric Nursing Test
Wednesday: Pediatric Nursing Clinical (NICU Level II)
Thursday: Community Health Clinical
Friday: High Acuity Clinical (Neuro ICU, night shift)
Saturday: Sleep off night shift. Study for High Acuity test.
Sunday: High Acuity Clinical (Neuro ICU, night shift)
Monday: Sleep off night shift. Study for High Acuity test...all night.
Tuesday (2/24): High Acuity Test. (Passed!)

I haven't slept that much this week, which has definitely taken it's toll. I have had major headaches at least 3 times this week. Unfortunately, the schedule you see above happens every other week. However, Tuesdays-Thursdays will be the same EVERY week.

I found out today that some of the students in my class are feeling the pressure even more than myself; a few of them are one's that really surprised me. I guess I'm doing better than I thought...way to keep my shit together!!!

In TTC news, my CBEFM is reading high. Still no positive OPKs, or even slightly positive. Maybe the Internet cheapies just aren't for me. :-/

Okay, so even though I took a nap earlier today...I'm still tired and will probably head to bed soon. I can't wait for all this hard work to pay off...

3 comments:

twondra said...

Hope you are able to get some rest. I'm tired just reading it.

Jennifer said...

The internet cheapies never worked for me either. I liked the answer brand..not the dipstick kind the kind you get 7 days worth..and the smileys.
I know how stressful nursing school can be...just hold in there, it won't be like this forever :-)

Crayonboxes said...

I hope you don't mind me following.. I am starting insemination in May and you're in June. Figured we can read each others journey. So close together :)