Friday, February 20, 2009

100 days...

Today is not a good day...

Amz and I are in an argument.

Two days ago Amz was nervous as hell about an interview because of how much it would mean to us if she got the job. Because of the opportunities that would open up for us if she were chosen for the position. Yesterday was her interview which she said went really well, and then told me that if she got the job she wouldn't be able to start until June. I was really happy for her, and didn't think much of the June statement until I overheard her talking to 1 of her friends on the phone last night. Turns out it was her choice to start in June. They told her during the training period that she wouldn't be able to take any vacation days. So she chose her trip to Tulsa to see a concert over any possibility of starting her new career anytime soon. That pissed me off. She definitely wasn't thinking about us when she told them that.

If it were a once in a lifetime chance to see this band; I might have thought differently...however, she has already seen them 5+ times and even got a meet & greet pass last September. On top of that, there were ways to get around taking vacation days...the concert is on a weekend. She could have taken a red eye flight to Tulsa the Friday before the concert, spent the weekend enjoying the festivities, and then taken another red eye back home on Sunday night. No time off, and no missed concert. Plus, she would've been working 3 months so she could have afforded to fly to the concert (like really afforded it...it's a pretty nice check if she gets the job). But no...it's important to take that Friday and that Monday off so she can DRIVE to Tulsa with a friend that's coming into town. Those 2 measly little days would delay her starting her career for THREE MONTHS.

This concert is really starting to annoy me...like a lot.

On top of that, we really need the money. I'm scrambling to stay on top of things financially, because student loans just aren't covering it this semester. My tax return is already spent and I haven't even got it yet. Not to mention our living arrangement STILL sucks. I'm not the only one that thinks so...2 days ago it was important to her to move...but now it can wait until after June. I even started substitute teaching again to get a little extra money. I've only worked once so far, but I've updated my profile availability. I seriously don't have the time to sub, because I'm already drowning in school, but I'm doing it because I need to.

*sighs*

I shouldn't have to worry about this right now...I've got a 12 hour night shift ahead of me that I should be preparing for. But no, this is what is going to eat away at my mind all night.

Sorry there's nothing about TTC in this entry, i just needed to vent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely get it. J* does the same thing sometimes. My only concern is, what if they choose someone else who can or is willing to start now... Just sit down with her and explain all of concerns. No yelling. I think your upset because it should have been something you discussed first and your feeling like you got left out of the loop. Try to explain that, so that it doesnt happen again. Good luck, I feel your frustration.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your doing better. The only thing you can do is try to get her on the same page as discussing things before making major decsions. That was a huge problem. We were so used to making our own choices and it took (forever) it seemed for it to sink in that our individual choice affects not only us together, but could affect both families also. I really didnt like having to stop, call her and discuss what seemed like simple stupid things. In the long run we both make pretty good choices on our own than benefit everyone. I still can't send her to the grocery store though without getting at least 5 phone calls...lol It gets easier, and well making up is always more fun anyway :)