So I didn't get everything I wanted to done yesterday because I had a run in with the law (literally). I was leaving the craft store after purchasing the jewelry box and stain, and I was on my way to hang out with my old high school buddy, when a cop HIT ME! I couldn't believe it. Apparently the cop was on a "priority call" (even though he didn't have lights or a siren on) and he didn't see me until the last second, but he was going too fast (more like speeding) to stop. I tried to avoid him as soon as I realized he wasn't going to stop, but even with me going into the other lane about 5 feet and slamming my breaks, he still hit the front passenger side fender. So my afternoon was spent in a parking lot taking pictures, filling out an accident report, and surrounded by the fuzz. There were 2 sheriffs (1 was the guy that hit me), 2 state troopers, and 2 local cops. I'm sure the people passing by thought I was in BIG trouble or something, when in fact that sheriff is the one in the wrong! He admitted fault, which is going to make it a lot easier on me. So...that was my day.
I got another response about a CBEFM this morning. I'm waiting just a little bit longer for a reply from them about their monitor. I was about out the door to send $ to Gillian, when I got their email. The only reason I'm considering this one is because it comes with sticks, opks, hpts, and some books. It's more of a package deal, and depending on how much $ they want for it, I might just have to let Gillian down (I'd hate to do so though).
DP called me this morning to tell me she's planning on spending a little bit longer in Austin. She invited me to come up, but I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. I think it depends on if my aunt has a day off within the next week. That way I can visit them both; kill two birds with one stone.
I'm going to run to the pet store today to pick up some water clarifier for my fish tank. I may also pick up an algae eater, which will be named Vicky. We have a theme for our fish tank; the Fairly Odd Parents. We named our first 2 fishes (a black moor and a mottled fantail) Cosmo and Wanda. When we got a larger tank, we got another gold fantail which we named Timmy. So its fitting for our algae eater to have a name from the show as well. LOL. We are a couple of big kids some times.
Okay, well I hope everyone is having a good Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Wow....can't believe the run-in with the cop. Glad you're okay!!
Post a Comment