Sunday, March 28, 2010

I wonder what it feels like...

...to buy 12 vials of babyjuice? Well...I'll tell you later this week! But, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that i think it will feel exciting! I think I'll feel a sense of security since we'll have 6 definite attempts at getting preggo. I also think it'll feel kind of nerve racking since we've never done an AI before, and I hope we get the timing down. I've also never dropped so much money on such a "risky" investment, although I'd risk much more than money in order to fulfill my dreams of becoming a mother.

I think after 3 or 4 attempts (here's to hoping it doesn't come to that) we'll get some more testing done and get the docs involved more. But we're starting from home. We've picked out a handful of acceptable donors. In case y'all were wondering, we chose based on healthy BMI, height over 5'5", any hair color besides black (doesn't run in our families), caucasian, CMV negative status, positive pregnancy report, any eye color, and fairly healthy family backgrounds (we tried to stay away from those that reported cancer/heart disease within the last 3 generations). We didn't want to get too picky as far as hobbies, interests, etc. because we didn't want to narrow our list too much or pick a "favorite" and feel disappointed when he wasn't available.

Amz and I have been "picking things out" and placing them on a saved word document entitled "peanut." Right now it's only dreaming, but we've got all the essentials picked out already with the approximate price so we can start saving. I am so excited to get started. I feel so nervous, although I know I've been preparing for this for years. I know what to do. I know how to do it. I just never have...and I'm finally getting to start...FINALLY! Please keep your positive thoughts with me, and send me all the babydust you can!

2 comments:

abmayfield said...

yes I"m a little far behind, but i just found your blog today :)

I'm curious - you are using Clomid for a home insem....are you working with a doctor or are you using clomid at home with no doctor? just wondering how that works :)

txmoms2b said...

there was no doctor involvement until after conception. we used 50mg of generic clomid on days 5-9. do i 100% know that i "needed" clomid to conceive...no. i had done months of charting/temping and used 100's of LH tests and never caught a surge. My charts didn't reliably show that I ovulated. So i thought I'd even the score a bit. it wasn't hard to "obtain" some clomid from a reliable source, and with the side effects being pretty mild (and my background as a nurse) i made the decision to use it. i feel it was a good decision.