Tomorrow will be the closest thing I've had to a job interview...ever! Here's how it started:
About a week ago, some girl that is starting the program that i just finished contacted me about buying used books. We agreed on a price for a nursing research book, and then made plans to meet up to exchange it. When she asked what time/day would be good for me, I replied "The job market hasn't been good to me, so I stay at home all day with my puppy filling out applications." Well...turns out her mom is a charge nurse at a hospital kind of close to me (not really...but its a hospital) in the...get this...OB unit! So the girl offered to talk to her mom. Later yesterday night I got an email from the girl asking if I had a re'sume' that she could pass on to her mom. Well I sent her that, along with some letters of reference, and her mom supposedly was going to talk with some directors. Well this morning, I get a call from her mom, offering to buy me lunch so that we can "discuss some things that she hopes she can do for me!" How sweet is that?!? I mean it is nothing official yet; we're not even meeting at the hospital...but to have someone on my side who can actually pull some strings at a hospital...that's the closest I've gotten to a job prospect! I can't help but be excited. I really hope things work out. =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That's awesome! I love hearing about people helping others.
I didn't realize the job market was so bad in tx. The medical field here is booming. In fact, that's the only field you can find a job. Our local hospital has over 300 openings! I just wish I would have studied medical instead of computers.
Good luck to you! I hope you are able to land a position with the help of that nice lady!
Good luck!! I'll be thinking of you!!
good luck! ive been thinking about you! :)
Post a Comment