Friday, May 1, 2009

30 Days...

Well peeps, in just 6 more days I will be a nursing school graduate! In just 9 short days, I will be a proud parent to my little fur-baby Dakota. In one in a half months I leave to go to England/Germany for 2 weeks! Now...if only i could find a job. : ( What happened to that nursing shortage? All the major hospitals in the Texas Medical Center (which by the way is HUGE) are on a hiring freeze. Only half of my class has jobs lined up, while the graduates from my program last year ALL had jobs before graduation. I haven't had so much as an interview. *sighs* I thought I'd be hella marketable with 2 bachelor's degrees and graduating from one of the top 10% of nursing schools in the country. I heard other cities like Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas were hiring people left and right, but since Amz got a job here, i need to get hired here too! So...the search continues. If any of you, by chance, know some nurse manager in the Houston area, tell 'em a UT graduate nurse is looking for work whereve she can get it!

2 comments:

Baby Mama, Too said...

lol... nursing shortage, ha! I remember when I graduated nursing school (I do not actually work as a nurse now). For years all we had heard was how there a shortage of nurses, of course when I finally graduated there was no longer a shortage cause everyone and their Mother had decided to go to nursing school! These things work on a pendulum, it will come back the other way. I think this time the economy has A LOT to do with the hiring freezes you are encountering, though, not so much the supply vs. demand of nurses.

twondra said...

How frustrating! I hope you're able to get a job.