Friday, May 29, 2009

2 days...

So...........no job prospect there. Kind of sucks. The lady was super nice and bought me lunch. She gave me a lot of good advice, and gave my re'sume' to several people in the hospital (HR/nursing admin/nurse manager/nurse recruiter). She said that "when they hire new grads, I'm sure you'll be at the top of the list." That's all gravy...except they're not hiring new grads until December. However, when they hire...it'll be in all the departments I really want to get into (OB and Women's Services/NICU). She said there is likely to be internship in every area, since they are expanding that department dramatically. Plus Methodist has a 4:1 patient to nurse ratio (even in med/surg) and day 1 benefits that are super great. *sighs* I can't hold out on a job for 6 more months though...

...and if I get a job at a hospital that has an internship...I can't leave until that internship is over. =( There is an internship opening up at St. Luke's that I am going to apply for on June 15th (or as close to June 15th as I can...since that's when I leave for Europe). That will start in September. The nurse lady was like "i know it may be below you, and that your grossly over qualified, but you might want to apply to be a PCA/CNA (an aide) so you can make some money." Yeah...i'll be the only PCA with 2 Bachelor's degrees and an RN. That'd be taking away my right to do all the neat stuff I learned how to do in nursing school. Things...by law...that I am able to do.

I really don't know what to do...

I can't financially/mentally wait until December to work, but if I did I'd pretty much be getting my dream job. I'd feel stripped of my abilities if I worked as a PCA, but at least I'd make some money. *sighs*

What do I do?

1 comment:

Kira said...

You should really try to push your pride aside right now and take a CNA or LPN job right now. In your area there should be a lot. You have to think about you're family not whats below you or being over qualifed. Hopefully you can save up some money for TTC doing one of these jobs. Besides since you know your extremely qualified for a nursing position a CNA wont last forever! Make that sacrafice save for your family!