Tuesday, November 9, 2010

An update...

Shower: Wowzers did we get a lot of stuff for little man! One of our registries was completely bought out, and the other one people made a good dent in as well. The shower itself was pretty low key, but that's more our style anyway. The shower planner came through, and obviously tried her best, even if it was all done kind of last minute. It was a little weird to have all the family, friends, and co-workers mingling...but we survived. C-man will never wear the same outfit twice...at least not till he's over a year. The only things I want to get before baby comes home (either through one of my 2 remaining showers or via self-purchase) is a convertible car seat, bathtub, diaper pail, and changing pad. That is literally it, because everything else has been purchased. I just bought more cloth diapers today, so I shouldn't have to buy anymore until he's over 15-18 pounds. I think we have a grand total of 50 diapers so far...making for a pretty decent stash. We also have 2 boxes of disposable newborn and one box of disposable size 1. We only plan to use them while C still has his belly button stump. Pictures of the shower will have to wait...mainly because I didn't take a single one! I flew DP's friend in from Seattle as her shower present, and she brought her camera. She caught some candid moments, but wants to go through and edit them first before sending us the pics. All in all, it was a good day.

Doc: We successfully switched OBs. It wasn't the least bit hard/awkward. We were in the waiting area at our appt on Monday, and in walks Dr. D (the doc we want to switch to). She asked us how we were doing and was taking the time out to make conversation, so I just kind of looked over at Amz and blurted out "would you mind taking over our care, i just felt like we click better." Without hesitation she said yes. So we eventually made it back to the exam room, thinking it'd be our last appt with Dr. P, and in walks Dr. D! She made time for our appt with zero notice. That...is why we love her already. In other news, I had a lot less protein in my urine at the last visit, but I still have to wait for the result of my 24 hour urine study and my kidney function panel. My BP was up at the appt, but I showed her my log that I'd been taking and she felt reassured. If i get diagnosed with preeclampsia I will have to go to bed rest. I'm not the least bit excited about that. I'll keep y'all posted.

TMI ALERT: Today i noticed discharge from my nipples. I can't believe how much my body is changing and preparing for little man to arrive. Go boobs, go!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww I'm glad your baby shower was so successful and that you were able to switch OBs without complication.

T & J - Mombians To Be said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog this morning. Thank you so much for creating it! Congrats on baby C. Its awesome that your friends and family really pulled through for your shower! Your blog has been so helpful to me today. My partner and I have just decided to start our TTC journey. I am also new to these abbreviations! Thank you so much for your blog.

This Mom said...

Very happy to hear that it wasn't hard to switch OB's. What a relief!
And congrats on having such wonderful friends and family who were so generous at your shower. It sounds like little C is being born into a fantastic circle of loved ones.

KG said...

Yay! I was wondering how Ali got there, I bet that made Amz so happy :)
YAY for C and you ladies having such a great shower. Sorry again that we had to miss it. :( But we still got to see you pre-baby with gifts and will get to see you after with little C as well.
And hooray for the switch!!! I knew it would all work out. :)