Friday, June 5, 2009

40 weeks...(2)

I got the job! I received the call yesterday and was so happy/shocked that I just sat there for a while like it didn't actually happen.

I will be a pre-op nurse @ a private orthopaedic surgical hospital in the Houston area. I will start off making $26 an hour. My hours will be 5am-2pm Monday thru Friday (no weekends). Even though its just as long a drive to the medical center, and I didn't really want to have such a long commute, because of the hours I wont have to worry about traffic (which is what made me hate commuting so much). I start July 7th. I go in Monday for some pre-employment stuff.

Now the only thing I'm worried about is passing NCLEX. Everyone is telling me "oh you'll do fine; you'll pass it the first time." I hope that's true, but I know I that my brain has been on anything/everything non-nursing for the last month. So I guess its time to hit the books!

Wow...everything is falling into place. Amber graduate, check. Amber job, check. Heather graduate, check. Heather job, check. Oh man...I just keep thinking about how up until 2009 Amz and I have never made over $6K a year, and now our combined gross income is almost $90K!

Things I'd like to do with my $: 1) Pay down student loan debt. 2) Get a new (reasonably priced) car. 3) Personal trainer? 4) Puppy classes/daycare for Kota. 5) Baby fund. 6) Travel. 7) Help my mom.

Ok...so on a different note, Kota decided he was going to be big enough to jump up on a shelf that's way taller than him, grab a toy snake (the kind that grow larger in water) and eat a piece of it. Sooo...i've been waiting for his poop like a mad woman. I want to make sure it passes, and if I don't get poop soon he's going to the vet. I'm thinking he might have gone out before I woke up, cuz I found (sorry if this is too much for some) a fresh pile outside in a spot where he likes to go...but because no one told me he went and I didn't see it...i'm not counting it as his.

Also, my sinuses are acting up. Of course. It's been about 6 months since my last sinus infection, so I guess I'm due! I don't know how I'm going to survive a day around Amber's mom and Craig...they both smoke like chimneys and I get stopped up every time.

Enough rambling...

3 comments:

The Amily Diaries said...

COngrats!!!

twondra said...

Yay! Congrats!! That's awesome!!

KFO-G said...

YAYAYAYAYYAYAYYAYA!
congrats hunny you deserve it!