Sunday, March 27, 2011

Quick update...

Well I have a few minutes while I wait for our take out to be ready to pick up, so I thought I'd give a quick update.

C is doing well. He went to daycare 3 days last week. It was very hard for DP to drop him off, and I was anxious all day to go pick him up. He doesn't seem to mind going and the daycare worker says he is a good baby.

I had some trouble with car seats. I needed one that would fit in the very sloped back seats of a sports car and nothing ended up fitting well. The best I could do was get another base for his infant seat. It is installed correctly, but let's just say I'm glad c only has to make short trips with me in that car.

He has come down with eczema. So another must have (and expensive) cream for him is CeraVe. It's working wonders, I'm just wondering if this is something we are going to have to battle for a long time.

He recently decided he was going to start projectile vomiting after meals. He does it once or twice a day for the last 3 days. I'm wondering if it's reflux or if u should be more worried. He seems fine, altho he has cut back a bit on the amount he's eating. He normally takes about 4-5 oz every 3-4 hours. We try feeding him more often but he just refuses. For the last 3 days he's only been eating 4 oz every 5-6 hours. His mood and demeanor seem unchanged, but I'm not sure exactly why his eating habits have changed?

Well, food is ready...more later!

Edited to add that he's been gaining weight and growing well. At his 2 month visit he weighed 11 pounds 15 oz and was 23.5 inches. Last week at the pedi he was 13 pounds 6 oz and nearly 24 inches.

DP is starting to get worried...looks like I'll be calling the pedi tomorrow.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hi! Just found your blog!

Re eczema and projectile barfing: Have you considered food allergies? I have a gluten allergy (whether it's full blown Celiac or a gluten intolerance I don't know, since the idea of having a colonoscopy to find out is really too much, and it won't make one damn bit of difference). I had eczema my *WHOLE LIFE*, and only now is it gone. I'm also intolerant of dairy and eggs (and beef, pineapple and squash, but to a much lesser degree, and I usually ignore those). The top 3 make my stomach/intestines miserable, make me cranky and irritable, and if I eat enough, break out with eczema all over my hands.

Just an idea, as most doctors don't know to start looking at food! :)