Friday, September 3, 2010

Nothing new...

Recovery is fairly boring. I spend most of my days surfing the i-net, playing (as much as I can) with the pups, trying to ignore the needy kitten, watching TV, and probably snacking too much. Although I'm cleared to drive, my father "borrowed" the Smart Car because he wanted better gas mileage, and hasn't "had the time" to bring it back yet. So...still stuck at home.

My manager has been hounding my friends at work to ask me if I'd ask my doctor to clear me for light duty at work by 4 weeks. My FMLA and short term disability were both approved for 6 weeks. I told my manager "at least" 6 weeks before the surgery. So it irks me that she'd go out of her way to rush me. BTW...4 weeks is next Wed. So, i'm thinking NO.

I'm definitely having "body issues" concerning my scar and the way my stomach looks as it is healing/healed. My stomach is not uniform anymore. I have a baseball sized area at the top of my incision (to the right) that kinda pooches out a little more. I call it my "alien" since the area pooched out A LOT more right after surgery, and looked like there was an alien trying to poke it's way through my stomach. So...yes...it has gone down, but not in the last week or so. I'm afraid it wont go back to normal. Also...i've always been a fluffy girl, so I knew going into this that there was a possibility of wound complications. Besides some drainage, my incision is healing well. What I didn't expect was for my surgeon not to take into account that I was a fluffy girl. So when i'm laying down (like I was on the operating table) my "spare tire" lines up nicely. But when I stand, gravity takes effect, and as Kate.Goslin once put it, I have a little "butt in the front." This pretty much bothers me more than anything else. I really don't think that's going to change, unless I loose weight/have plastic surgery. Grrrreeeeaaaat.

Baby boy is doing well. We're planning our baby shower, which will be on November 6th. We are going to wear matching shirts...well almost matching. We want all our family/friends to know "who is who." Amz will be wearing her baby blue "C's Mama" shirt, while I will be wearing my baby blue "C's Mommy" shirt. If we get a better ultrasound pic, I think we want to include that on our shirts as well...if not I'm thinking we'll put little foot prints on them. He's kicking all the time now, and it's getting stronger. I think within the next couple of weeks, Amz should be able to feel the kicks from the outside. To me, they feel like a forceful thump, but without pressing down a bit...you can't feel them from the outside. With my incision running through the middle of my stomach, Amz won't apply that much pressure when she feels for the baby; she doesn't want to hurt me.

Nothing else is really going on...all I do is sit at home and recover/grow a baby. LOL.

4 comments:

Us4 Cats said...

came across your blog vias NW bloglist , and thought id drop in.

good to hear your surgery/recovery is going well.

also good to hear baby boy is doing well!!!

congrats :)

H2 said...

Hey there. We're sending you lots of quick Get Well vibes.

We'd love it if you would promote our new equality-friendly tshirt shop www.cafepress.com/thenewnuclearfamily much love from the moms at www.twomomsandababybump.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Began reading your blog when you were TTC. My wife and I are about 2 weeks behind you, so I can relate to a lot of what you write. I am happy for you. :) Our shower is on Nov 6th too. Small world... :)

KG said...

Cute ideas for the shirts!! :) Wish we could see them :( Maybe a re-enactment? LOL

I hope that you are feeling a bit better and your dad brings your car back.... soon!