Friday, September 17, 2010

Name Game

I just realized that I'm possessive/protective over my baby's name. We've had his name picked out for years, and now that someone else just announced that they are naming their son our son's middle name (exact same unusual spelling), I feel like if I were to announce our son's name people would think I got the idea from them. I think that's why I just refer to him as "C" on forums/blogs. I'll probably continue to refer to him by a letter indefinitely for his own protection. Much like I refer to my partner and myself by our nicknames.

2 comments:

KG said...

I would be too! :)
Can't wait until it's revealed.

Jennifer said...

I haven't been all that protective, but I haven't had any name snatchers yet, lol. I also keep my blog private so I do refer to my kids with thier real unusual names. I periodically google my kids names to make sure I don't have any posts come up that have their names in it and on open forums I refer to them by thier nicknames.